Wednesday, January 23, 2013

OFF TO ISTANBUL NOT CONSTANTINOPLE

When I was 12 I made a list of all the places in the world I want to visit. As I have grown since then so has the list, but more importantly so has the the number of places I have been able to cross off the list.  From Rome to Salzburg to Malaga and Cairo I have been fortunate to have had exposure to so many different people, cultures, and places. On Thursday evening I get to jet off on another adventure to a city at the crossroads of two continents. I have never really been someone who is afraid to travel away from home, in fact oddly enough I have enjoyed pushing myself out of my comfort zone. This semester in Istanbul is another opportunity for me to do just that. I, Azzah Ahmed get to study and live in the most unique city in the world....someone pinch me because I am definitely dreaming. I chose to study in Istanbul largely because of a combination of coursework options, encouragement from my friends and family, and another look back at my never-ending list of places. While I add my last few items to my slightly overweight bags I cannot begin to describe my level of excitement for the trip I am about to undertake, leaving behind my creature comforts for a city that embodies the best of both European and Asian flair. As I am learning to say in Turkish, Gule Gule!!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment